Stag & Doe #1
Ah, spring. The rainy season. April showers not only bring May flowers and flooded basements, but an abundance of weddings and wedding related events. Events such as the ever popular Stag & Doe.
Stag & Doe parties are designed to raise funds for the poor, struggling bride and groom who've not a penny to their name and have no hopes of paying for their extravagant wedding unless they can squeeze a few bucks out of every friend, distant relative or acquaintance. In fact, if a blood-soaked stranger grinning from ear to ear and mumbling about his 'sweet revenge' walked in off the street with cash in hand he probably wouldn't be turned away.
Suz and I spent Saturday night at a Stag & Doe for our co-worker James whom I first met in the parking lot at work when he challenged me to a race. The race was immediately called off upon James' discovery that the ol' Talon was putting out nearly triple the horsepower of his Toyota Celica.
The Stag & Doe was a well-organized blast, with cheap drinks, great food and even greater prizes to be won. Suz and I bought twenty raffle tickets and distributed them among the prizes we'd hoped to win.
Suz, abiding by the rule of "don't put all your eggs in one basket" applied her tickets towards various prizes, hoping to win just one of them. I, on the other hand, decided to put statistics into my favour, and plopped all of my tickets into the one prize I wanted the most.
At the end of the night, both our tactics worked as Suz won a 'Fancy Cut n' Hairstylin' Certificate and I won the 'Gourmet Gift Basket.' The basket's awesome international contents are as follows:
- President's Choice White Chocolate Chunk & Raspberry cookies
- Bahlsen Truffet Meringue/cocoa/chocolate biscuits
- Vicenzi Grisbi Classic Lemon & Ginseng biscuits
- Lindt Lindor milk chocolate bar
- Lindt Lindor milk chocolate balls
- Werther's Original caramels
- St. Dalfour Wild Blueberry Deluxe Spread, or 'Jam' to us reg'lar people
- Carr's Poppy & Sesame Thin Savoury Crackers
- Starbuck's Latin America Medium House Blend coffee, and finally...
- a box of 8 massive Mrs. Fields Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chip cookies
I suspect a tummy ache of Snuffalupagus proportions is right around the corner.